[Sorry, Flash is required to listen to this audio file.] Follow us: ChariceTVCrew Facebook ChariceTVCrew Twitter ChariceTVCrew YouTube ChariceTVCrew Plurk ChariceTVCrew Myspace ChariceTVCrew Flickr ChariceTVCrew RSS

Share this Thread: Share this on Facebook Share this on Twitter Share this on Plurk
A Letter to CHARICE: New Beginnings by Bum D. Tenorio Jr. [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]
10-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Cha icon30 A Letter to CHARICE: New Beginnings by Bum D. Tenorio Jr. [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]
a very touching and back-to-basics open letter from one of Cha's ninong (godfather)

A letter to Charice
NEW BEGINNINGS

By Bum D. Tenorio, Jr. (The Philippine Star)
Updated October 30, 2011 12:00 AM

[Image: allure6hires.jpg]
Quote:Dear Cha,

You made me proud as your Ninong all the more after I saw you at the David Foster and Friends (DFF) concert Tuesday night. How mature your voice is now. I must say that, indeed, you’re every inch an international star.

Thank you for the backstage pass your mother Raquel gave me. In the middle of the concert, I had a field day roaming around the backstage of Smart-Araneta Coliseum. I went inside your dressing room to say hi but you weren’t there when I entered. But just the same, I stayed in your room even for a while. I sat on a comfy sofa and for a minute remembered how it was before for you when you were not yet “discovered” and “loved” by the world.

READ THE REST OF THE TOUCHING LETTER FROM ONE OF CHA'S GODFATHERS AT: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?art...egoryId=89

Peenix can i have another emo pleeaaseee?! Peenix
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to phoenixsong for this post:
ChaShane (10-29-2011)
10-29-2011, 01:40 PM
RE: A Letter to CHARICE: New Beginnings by Bum D. Tenorio Jr.
TRANSLATION OF THE FEW TAGALOG PHRASES IN THE LETTER:

Pero syempre = but of course

Dumudugo na ang ilong ko sa kaka-Ingles = i'm getting nosebleeds from all the english-speaking [i'm doing]

Cha, mga police. Hinahanap tayo = Cha, police...looking for us.

Mommy, sabi ko naman sa iyo huwag mong iuwi yung mga sabon at shampoo ng Omni Hotel. Baka gawa non makulong pa tayo dito = Mommy, i told you to not take the soap and shampoo of Omni Hotel. We might get imprisoned here for it.

Cha, sabi naman ng Tito William mo, bayad na yung mga sabon at shampoo. Pwede nang iuwi yon. = Cha, your Tito WIlliam told us that we've paid for the soap and shampoo, so we could take them.

Mommy ayan na ang mga pulis. Tapos na ang career ko. Mommy i-surrender mo na ang shampoo ng hotel. = Mommy, the police are here. My career is finished. Mommy, surrender the hotel's shampoo.

Mommy, yung perang binigay ni Oprah, wag na nating i-pang-shopping. Ipambayad na lamang natin ng kuryente at renta sa apartment yan
= mommy, the money that Oprah gave us, let's not use it for shopping. let's use it pay our electric bills and rent for the apartment.

Haha

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to phoenixsong for this post:
ChaShane (10-29-2011)
10-29-2011, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2011 04:59 PM by ChaShane.)
RE: A Letter to CHARICE: New Beginnings by Bum D. Tenorio Jr. [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]
This article definitely brings back a lot of memories -- for a lot of chasters, myself included. In the past 2 years I've been following Charice, she has come such a long way from the days when she would sing in contests for a living to performing in sold-out concerts & shows. I'm so happy for her, and may God continue to bless her so that she may share her music to the rest of the world! I am so glad to have witness all of Charice's blessings and hope to continue to see more from her. I love you, Charice!

P.S. Thank you phoenix for the translations & for sharing the article! This was such a great article to read.

Shout-out to all the Chasters! I love you guys! Smile2
Find all posts by this user
10-29-2011, 04:40 PM
RE: A Letter to CHARICE: New Beginnings by Bum D. Tenorio Jr. [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]
nakakatuwa and yet very touching ......"Good things happend to good people" thank for sharing this letter..... God will always there for you CHARICE.......
10-29-2011, 04:45 PM
IKR? such a good article! brings back lots of memories...of the "then" and the "now"... cant believe how far charice has risen from her previous circumstances Worship

10-29-2011, 10:08 PM

seeing Charice on his godfather's perspective makes me love Charice even more ...

10-30-2011, 10:13 AM
This a true to life touching story of our Dear Cha, more blessings shower in you. GOD bless! Thanks for sharing this wonderful article. Smile

Your song make me shiver that makes me awake through the night... Morning now I'm CHAddicted!!! Sleeping7

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  CHARICE on The Buzz Mag (Japan Edition, June 2012) with English Translation justcharrie 7 3,535 01-21-2014 05:04 AM
Last Post: batool100
cha icon89 CHARICE: Kris TV Interview With English Translation (07-04-2013/07-05-2013) bbelj 4 4,728 01-21-2014 05:02 AM
Last Post: batool100
cha icon114 ‘You’re the man, Charice!’ By Büm D. Tenorio JR. - The Philippine Star (5/28/2013) SideburnerSol 1 2,570 05-27-2013 07:32 PM
Last Post: Angelia
cha icon89 Letter Of Support For Charice: Marvin Winans, Pastor where Whitney Houston attended bbelj 6 3,498 03-31-2013 11:38 AM
Last Post: SideburnerSol
cha icon89 CHARICE WRITES A LETTER FOR CHASTERS,FRIENDS AND FAMILY (MAR-15-2013) bbelj 0 2,486 03-15-2013 02:20 AM
Last Post: bbelj
cha icon89 Meet the 'Chasters' by Bum Tenorio [03/04/12] CHARICE fans! bbelj 9 3,026 03-10-2012 03:06 AM
Last Post: phoenixsong
Cha icon69 Bum Tenorio on CHARICE'S MommyRaqz 40th Birthday Party [1/14/12] ReyBB 6 4,140 01-17-2012 06:27 AM
Last Post: phoenixsong
Cha icon1 Abante Tonite - Charice defended by Alfie Lorenzo [with English Translation] phoenixsong 4 3,345 01-24-2011 05:14 PM
Last Post: Wedgie
  Manila Bulletin: Charice - All the World is her Stage - English Translation-JaYrOx JaYrOx 7 1,930 03-17-2010 02:14 AM
Last Post: JaYrOx

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Current time: 12-18-2014, 09:18 AM