[Sorry, Flash is required to listen to this audio file.] Follow us: ChariceTVCrew Facebook ChariceTVCrew Twitter ChariceTVCrew YouTube ChariceTVCrew Plurk ChariceTVCrew Myspace ChariceTVCrew Flickr ChariceTVCrew RSS

Share this Thread: Share this on Facebook Share this on Twitter Share this on Plurk
CHARICE! Exclusive Interview On ABS-CBN's Show, The Buzz (6-02-2013)
06-02-2013, 04:48 AM
cha icon130 CHARICE! Exclusive Interview On ABS-CBN's Show, The Buzz (6-02-2013)
Charice poured out her heart to The Buzz' host, Boy Abunda, in an exclusive 20 minute sit-down interview. The interview was riveting as Boy didn't shy away from asking Charice about all the controversies that have been surrounding her personal life and her career.

Here is a brief clip from the interview that ABS-CBN just published, entitled Charice admits: 'Tomboy ako'

I know that Chasters who watched the entire video are working on providing both a full transcript of the interview and a full video with English subtitles, so, if you see it first, please post it.

Be nice, or, be gone. Uno3
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2013, 05:06 AM
cha icon128 RE: CHARICE! Exclusive Interview On ABS-CBN's Show, The Buzz (6-02-2013)
Thanks to ABS-CBN for quickly posting the entire video! Rock "The Buzz Uncut: Charice Finally tells all Interview".

06-02-2013, 07:45 AM
cha icon114 RE: CHARICE! Exclusive Interview On ABS-CBN's Show, The Buzz (6-02-2013)
Charice is back on Twitter and it looks like she is getting a lot of positive responses about her interview.

[Image: 33vkewj.jpg]

Even though Charice's old twitter was hacked, she still monitors it. Here's one of my fave tweets that Charice received.

[Image: i52e5g.jpg]

06-02-2013, 08:13 AM
cha icon108 RE: CHARICE! Exclusive Interview On ABS-CBN's Show, The Buzz (6-02-2013)
A couple of devoted Chasters provided first draft English translations of Charice's interview. A big Thank You! goes out to MingFan on ChariceMania and CTVC's own bbelj for their initial translations. Worship I don't speak tagalog, so, I did my best to combine the two initial translations and edit some of the grammar, etc. If anyone sees corrections that need to be made, please post your thoughts.

Remember, this interview was nearly 20 minutes long, so to get the text all in one post, I single spaced it and put Charice's answers in bold type. Use your magnifiers Chasters and happy reading. Nerd

Boy: Let’s start here, why are you avoiding the media?
Charice: When there are big issues, I am still a person, I am scared. I am cautious on what to say to get a neutral reaction from people because of negative reactions. I give myself a break to think of what I should do. The next step I need to do, to make the situations better, that’s why I am here in from of you today.
Boy: Why are you breaking your silence now?
Charice: I asked for many signs, when it is time that I will feel it. Many years I’ve done a lot of things for my love ones, my family. I did it for them, now I feel that I have to do something for myself.
Boy: These are the signs? The signs, that’s why we are here today?
Charice: Yes.
Boy: Let’s start with Family. Directly speaking, are you and your mom quarreling?
Charice: Yes, we quarreled. I need to understand her, because if she hurt me, I know I hurt her more as a mother. Right now we are not enemies. We are at the stage where we are trying to understand each other. But I have to give her credit, because she's trying to understand the situation. So, I'm saying we are having a misunderstanding, but it's just normal.
Boy: Your grandma? Are the two of you quarreling?
Charice: The truth is no. I’ve seen her interview, but we are not quarreling. We just didn’t have a chance to talk yet, perhaps? She has her own opinion, and I accept that. That's why when I saw the interview I understand. But we are not quarreling (or enemies).
Boy: Who is Robert Yberra?
Charice: He is one of my Godfathers. I’ve seen lots of his comments to the media and people. I respect him as a person, as my godfather. I owe him a lot of gratitude.
Boy: Do you have bad feelings towards him?
Charice: I don’t know why I am not mad at him. Even if I should be mad at him for what he’s been saying, I’m not mad. We stayed at his house. He did little things. He taught me how to drive. He knows me as a person and I know him. I respect him. I owe him a lot.
Boy: There were rumors that you left your house; that you ran away. Is it true?
Charice: Ran away? I don’t know what to say about that. I left the house, but I think mom knew that it would get to that point. I left, not because I didn’t want to be there; I left because that’s what I needed to do.
Boy: Where are you now? Where are you staying here in the Philippines? Who is your family now, especially at these challenging times in your life?
Charice: I am staying right now in Cabuyao, Laguna. I am staying with a family that I didn’t expect that they will take a chance…
Boy: Gamble?
Charice: Gamble, as in, will take a bullet for me. That’s why on my birthday, I was lucky there are people like that. I didn’t expect that. It’s hard to trust people. It’s hard to find people like that, but I left it to God to give me a sign of who can help me. They are here in Laguna; Mommy Ina, Daddy George, and older brother Glenn. I’ve known them for a long time when I was young, so when I got to their house that day, I was comfortable already.
Boy: This is what you call a home. In this house?
Charice: Yes. I can say that when I come inside this house, I can lie down and say I am tired. I can do anything. I can pretend to be crazy. I can show them who the real Charice is, without judgment.
Boy: That’s what you call home. What do you want to tell your new family?
Charice: I would like to thank them, but I don’t feel that it’s enough just to say that. I’ve been here a month, but it feels like years. I would like to announce to all that I'm really thankful to them. I hope people won’t think bad things against them, because if not for them, I won’t be here today. I would totally be depressed, that’s why I am very thankful.
Boy: Are you hoping that you, Grandma, Mommy, and Robert, will sit down and have a quiet talk?
Charice: I hope and believe so. I'm always thinking positively that everything eventually will be ok.
Boy: Another rumor, your career is over, and you are just sitting around in Cabuyao, Laguna doing nothing?
Charice: You know,folks here are calling me moymoy?
Boy: Why moymoy?
Charice: It's like a joke here when they heard about it (being a bum). I just laughed because it’s really hard, even when you try to be down to earth (inconspicuous), there still are comments. People see me outside, hanging out, that’s just me. I’d rather do that than be seen as a high society person that doesn’t want to go out in the sun. I watch basketball leagues here, because that’s what I like to do now.
Boy: Let’s talk about your career. What’s happening with your career?
Charice: My US manager is still Mark Johnston, nothing changed. Here in the Philippines it's Glen Aldueza. It's very nice to have a person who knows you, what you like and don’t like. I’m going to have a recording, which will be featured in a big project. There are also TV shows, but I can’t say yet. If I am allowed to say, I will.
Boy: In other words, your career is still going?
Charice: For my fans here in PH, we are working on a third album, just for them.
Boy: This is what the Filipino People are waiting for. To hear that your career is under control; that it’s doing okay. I am thankful that you are brave and you trusted us to tell your story. When you pictures appeared in social networks, there were a lot of questions, speculations about the changes in your appearance, attire, hair and moves. Why the change? There were speculations that you were rebelling, you were looking for attention? What do you want to say?
Charice: I don’t know how to explain. I was being real. I had a haircut. All the choices that I did I know are very risky. I did it because I wanted it; it’s not because I was rebelling. Not because I was hurt by a person or family; not because I am emotionally depressed. I did it because I like it.
Boy: This a hard question, I don’t know how to phrase this, only because I believe that you don’t owe anybody an explanation. I believe that sexual orientation and gender identity don’t have anything to do with talent, but, it needs to be asked,so, I ask you, simply, Charice, are you a lesbian?
Charice: Uncle Boy, I have a chance to do this internationally.
Boy: Charice, you mean this conversation doesn’t have to happen here in the Philippines only?
Charice: I choose to do it here because I owe it to the Pilipino people. I feel that they should be the ones to know what I am… who I am. Yes, I'm a tomboy. I don’t know why that's a problem, because, for me, it's not a problem. Now, I want to ask forgiveness to those who don’t understand me. Tothose who can’t accept me, I'm sorry. I can understand. And for those who can accept me, thank you very much. And for what I have done, I just want to say that I feel a heavy weight has been lifted from me now that I can leave the house without hiding anything, nor stepping on anyone. Now, I'm not hiding anything. Sorry Mommy, Carl… but this is me. I'm proud of myself. I love myself. That is why I do this. To my fans, I know a lot of you are disappointed. Some of you will probably leave me. Sorry. You know I'm a sincere person, so, from the bottom of my heart, sorry. I understand
Boy: Charice, I would like to clarify. You're sorry, not because you're a lesbian. You're sorry because...
Charice: I know that all of them got hurt.
Boy: They got hurt because you came out, and they never expected this. And in our culture this is not the normal and usual way, and most of the times it’s hidden so that the public and fans stay happy. But you choose to tell the truth, because it is the right thing to do. Do you hope one day that you could work overseas, in a world, in an industry, that won’t look at gender, but at talent?
Charice: I believe that someday it will come. It’s just difficult at the moment. I believe that someday, we will come out and work as equals. That's why sometimes they say, “Are you gay? Are you straight?”. It's all the same.
Boy: How do you feel? Do you feel free?
Charice: Overflowing.
Boy: I'll push this now that you've said you're a lesbian. Have you ever had a relation with another woman?
Charice: Yes. Of course I can’t tell who, but, yes; I've experienced it.
Boy: But you have to hide?
Charice: Yes
Boy: The last time I saw you, you were with Cheesa. Did you have a relationship with her?
Charice: Oh yes… no, it's a joke, because I remember we posted a picture captioned, “my bebe girl”. Then, we saw on our twitter timeline, jowa jowaers (bf or gf gay lingo), like that, but no.
Boy: You're so cute you can do that now.
Charice: It's not true. Cheesa is like a sister; a big sister.
Boy: Here is another question awaited by the people. Who is Alyssa Quijano in the life of Charice?
Charice: Wait, I'll wipe my perspiration first. Uhm... we've know each other a long time. We met when she was 9 and I was 10, in singing contests. We were always competing with one another. Then we saw each other on x-factor once more. All I can say is, she is an inspiration in my life. She's one of the people that I draw strength from at the moment. She's a very special person.
Boy: You love Alyssa?
Charice: Sorry! I wish you could open my heart and see the answer.
Boy: If I could open your heart, is it a yes or no?
Charice: It beats strongly.
Boy: A strong heartbeat…Is Alyssa the reason why there is a misunderstanding between you and your family?
Charice: Maybe we could say it’s one of the expected reasons.
Boy: They’re saying she’s the one you are spending your money on, that your family don’t like her.
Charice: All I can say is that they don’t know her. They don’t know how amazing she is but I know she understands.
Boy: You love Alyssa. Did the two of you elope?
Charice: Uncle Boy…ha? I'm like a teenage boy?
Boy: Do you plan to get married someday?
Charice: One day. One day. Not at the moment, but, one day.
Boy: Where is God in your life now?
Charice: In my heart always. Some people think I might have forgotten Him, but everyday I'm always thinking; Lord it's up to You. I know He is the one guiding me.
Boy: What is your prayer to God?
Charice: My prayers are that people will accept me, meaning, my family will accept me.
Boy: Charice, from all of these, what is the most important lesson you've learned.
Charice: To Mommy and Carl... I wish I was more open… more honest, because the most important thing in a relationship between parents and their kids is to be open to one another, regardless of what their reaction will be. To all those youngster at my age; the people undergoing the same situation; be true to yourself. We know in ourselves who we are. Life is too short to play games. Just be free.
Boy: Again for your fans.
Charice: Chasters. This is it! A new chapter begins. Welcome! Welcome to my crazy life. Enjoy the ride.
Boy: If there is a song that will capture what you want to say to the world, what is that song? Sing me that song!
Charice: (Sings, “PERFECT”, by: PINK).
Boy: What was that favorite song you used to sing in most of the contests you used to join? The one you and your mom chose?
Charice: I might cry again?
Boy: I would love to hear you sing that song now that you’re free!
Charice: (Sings, “Maghintay Ka Lamang”).
Boy: I love you Charice and thank you

06-02-2013, 03:56 PM
cha icon128 RE: CHARICE! Exclusive Interview On ABS-CBN's Show, The Buzz (6-02-2013)
Great news for Charice's international fanbase! Now you can connect the emotions of Charice's words more directly with her video interview. We salute Capofret Chaster for providing subtitles!

06-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Hollywood, as in the online publication, "Hollywood Life", is congratulating Charice for her courage and honesty. I listed a couple of quotes below, but please check out the entire article on their site.

Quote:The former ‘Glee’ star bravely came out as gay to the world during an interview in the Philippines on June 2. Good for you, Charice!

Charice should be praised for coming out and being proud of who she is. Just by doing so, she is a role model and a sign of support for all of the young people in similar situations to her.

06-03-2013, 01:21 PM
cha icon89 RE: CHARICE! Exclusive Interview On ABS-CBN's Show, The Buzz (6-02-2013)
One Day After Coming Out,Charice in the news,distributes school supplies to her Alma Mater

TV5 NEWS

ABS-CBN 2 TV PATROL

GMA 7 CHIKA MINUTE

Ninja
06-03-2013, 02:41 PM
cha icon89 RE: CHARICE! Exclusive Interview On ABS-CBN's Show, The Buzz (6-02-2013)
Charice In The News

GMA NEWS TV 11 Balitanghali

ABS-CBN Umagang Kay Ganda

Ninja
06-04-2013, 06:55 AM
Charice in The News for 2nd day of coming out

Ninja
06-19-2013, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2013 04:08 AM by bbelj.)
A JAPANESE TRANSLATION FROM KOICHI SAITO OF AJC(ALL JAPAN CHASTERS

http://ameblo.jp/ksone0911/entry-11555314727.html

Ninja

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
cha icon89 CHARICE Interviewed on Philippine TV Show: The Buzz (9/21/2014) bbelj 0 126 09-29-2014 06:48 PM
Last Post: bbelj
cha icon89 CHARICE: "Ang Kuwento ni" Interview With English Text Translation (06-25-2013) bbelj 1 1,562 01-21-2014 05:03 AM
Last Post: batool100
cha icon89 CHARICE Guests On GGV (GANDANG GABI VICE) TV Show (12-29-2013) bbelj 3 1,669 01-19-2014 11:16 PM
Last Post: batool100
cha icon89 CHARICE: Featured Performer On ASAP 18's Christmas Show (12-15-2013) bbelj 2 1,340 12-15-2013 04:37 AM
Last Post: SideburnerSol
cha icon89 CHARICE On "Kris TV" Show (12-03-2013) bbelj 1 1,154 12-02-2013 09:45 PM
cha icon89 CHARICE Opens "Kanta Natin 'To" Show With Finalists From "The Voice" PH (10-5-2013) bbelj 1 1,018 10-05-2013 07:37 AM
Last Post: Hiroyuki
cha icon95 CHARICE and Aiza Interviewed on "The Buzz" (9-15-2013) SideburnerSol 0 1,208 09-15-2013 01:57 PM
  Exclusive Charice Interview & Contest During the David Foster and Friends Asia Tour Angelia 0 1,158 12-24-2010 11:30 PM
Last Post: Angelia
  Charice After The Buzz Interview, Philippines 11/07/10 w/ English Subtitles Schoen 0 646 11-12-2010 11:40 PM
Last Post: Schoen
  Charice at The Buzz Interview 11/07/10 w/ English Subtitles Schoen 8 1,886 11-10-2010 11:24 AM
Last Post: Schoen

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Current time: 10-21-2014, 09:42 AM