[Sorry, Flash is required to listen to this audio file.] Follow us: ChariceTVCrew Facebook ChariceTVCrew Twitter ChariceTVCrew YouTube ChariceTVCrew Plurk ChariceTVCrew Myspace ChariceTVCrew Flickr ChariceTVCrew RSS

Share this Thread: Share this on Facebook Share this on Twitter Share this on Plurk
CHARICE'S Bodyguard Medley/Whitney Houston Tribute goes VIRAL!
02-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Cha icon75 CHARICE'S Bodyguard Medley/Whitney Houston Tribute goes VIRAL!
So social networking sites has been going ABUZZ because of this video of Charice singing the David Foster-arranged Bodyguard Medley (I Have Nothing/I Will Always Love You):

[my-youtube width=625 height=444]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR31E62lCiI[/my-youtube]

this video has been featured first in World Star HipHop
[Image: 0370e7e2522f05900656dbf29e1953d7.jpg]

but it didn't go viral until perez hilton posted this video on his SITE and tweeted it to his 4million followers!
[Image: 1bfe8f26d0786e3743f1648bde4d6695.jpg]

after that, THE INSIDER also featured charice on their site!
[Image: b9a02bd0e469fc725d4185549f28171a.jpg]

and it just snowballed from there...

KFox 95.5 Music featured TWO charice videos, the one you can see is the I Will Always Love You as sung in a Japanese TV show, and of course, the now viral David Foster/Charice version.
[Image: 3f55c2e5d8c9affc524e61bd2bc8cd78.jpg]

Charice has also been featured in an American-Asian Entertainment Site, JACKFROOT
[Image: 84c015fbda396c35ac3da0992a3d6dc7.jpg]

HOLLYWOOD LIFE has also joined the bandwagon! Wohoo chasters! Yahoo
[Image: ff2710b051e70c29151724f2f1377ed9.jpg]

Stay tuned and we might be able to add more sites to this compilation! Check them all out chasters! and leave your comments!

Peenix can i have another emo pleeaaseee?! Peenix
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2012, 12:45 PM
RE: CHARICE'S Bodyguard Medley/Whitney Houston Tribute goes VIRAL!
CHARICE SINGS WHITNEY HOUSTON ‘BODYGUARD’ MEDLEY WITH DAVID FOSTER

Source: Popcrush

[Image: Charice.jpg]

Quote:Former ‘Glee‘ star and global singing phenom Charice paid tribute to her idol Whitney Houston while in concert with David Foster.

The singer, 19, sang a medley of two songs from the soundtrack of Houston’s mega-popular ‘The Bodyguard’ film. Charice started out by offering a few words about the late, great Whit, and even shed a tear. The diva’s death is impacting singers of all generations who remember her powerhouse voice, which had waned a bit over the past two decades as she battled drug problems that took a toll on her signature vocal style.

Charice began by belting out the ballad ‘I Have Nothing’ and she sounds way more mature and worldly than her 19 years. She followed it with the uber-popular power ballad ‘I Will Always Love You.’ Seriously, Charice does not sound as young as she is. The girl certainly has a pair of powerhouse pipes and can sing as well as Houston herself did when she was an up-and-comer on the music scene in the ’80s.

Whitney would be proud of Charice’s medley in her honor. This type of a tribute is the best way to celebrate and preserve her musical legacy. R.I.P., Whitney!

Smile
02-14-2012, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2012 02:05 PM by ChaShane.)
Although I do appreciate the exposure these sites are giving to Charice... I am sort of amazed at how wrong their sources are... the video was way back from 2009 when she was doing her last show with the David Foster & Friends Tour in Vancouver (saying her farewells for awhile, to the gang)

Sorry if Im being a bit of a prick about this lol, but the made up story line behind to the video just sort of bugs me

Stellar performance by Charice though, one of my favorites til this day Blush2

[my-youtube width=425 height=344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiO-GyZyvG8&feature=fvst[/my-youtube]
Find all posts by this user
02-14-2012, 02:15 PM
(02-14-2012 01:58 PM)ChaShane Wrote:  Sorry if Im being a bit of a prick about this lol, but the made up story line behind to the video just sort of bugs me

I hear what you're saying. I had the same thoughts when I first saw the youtube video yesterday.

I think the video is both good and bad. Good exposure for Charice. Bad exposure for us Chasters. I'm sure the diehard Whitney fans who already have their own biased opinions against Charice would think that we Charice fans are simply capitalizing on their idol's death. And to tell you the truth, that is certainly what some Chasters out there have been doing.

But you're right, you'd think that some of these sites would double-check their sources and at least find out if Charice/Foster actually had such a concert in the past day or two...lol.
02-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Cha icon74 RE: CHARICE'S Bodyguard Medley/Whitney Houston Tribute goes VIRAL!
ChaShane:

I think it's totally fine cuz it's a viral video. The judgement here is not about WHEN the vid was taken, instead it's all about our audience. Because our dear Charice indeed sang it so well, Perez Hilton tweeted on it. When Hollywood Life posted this one and knew the truth, they also *Let It Slides* cuz they want more people to listen to Cha's unprecedented post-Whiteney voice.

Just take it easy, be happy and join us to clap our hands. Biggrin Goodluck

(02-14-2012 01:58 PM)ChaShane Wrote:  Although I do appreciate the exposure these sites are giving to Charice... I am sort of amazed at how wrong their sources are... the video was way back from 2009 when she was doing her last show with the David Foster & Friends Tour in Vancouver (saying her farewells for awhile, to the gang)

Sorry if Im being a bit of a prick about this lol, but the made up story line behind to the video just sort of bugs me

Stellar performance by Charice though, one of my favorites til this day Blush2

Charice is my inspiration - on ninja missions as Mulan Ninja
02-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Rofl lol u guys...it's already known that this is an old vid. check hollywood life link Goodluck

also, it doesnt matter if this is an old vid or a new one, what matters is that charice BLEW everyone away then, and is currently blowing everyone away now! charice is getting new fans, and that's what's important. exposure is exposure. and this is good press! amazing press even!

this was, and still is, the best whitney houston rendition i have heard, and it deserves to be seen and heard by the whole world. so continue sharing it guys!

Peenix can i have another emo pleeaaseee?! Peenix
02-14-2012, 02:48 PM
(02-14-2012 02:15 PM)SilverRyno Wrote:  
(02-14-2012 01:58 PM)ChaShane Wrote:  Sorry if Im being a bit of a prick about this lol, but the made up story line behind to the video just sort of bugs me

I hear what you're saying. I had the same thoughts when I first saw the youtube video yesterday.

I think the video is both good and bad. Good exposure for Charice. Bad exposure for us Chasters. I'm sure the diehard Whitney fans who already have their own biased opinions against Charice would think that we Charice fans are simply capitalizing on their idol's death. And to tell you the truth, that is certainly what some Chasters out there have been doing.

But you're right, you'd think that some of these sites would double-check their sources and at least find out if Charice/Foster actually had such a concert in the past day or two...lol.

You cant really blame the sites, They just assumed that it was new because of the upload date. Given the news recently, it seemed logical someone like Charice would sing a tribute. IT was the fault of the uploader since he gave the impression and misleading the viewers that itwas sang as a tribute to Whitney when in fact it wasnt.
02-14-2012, 02:49 PM
ChaShane.. If it makes you feel better the video from PopCrush is from Nov 2011...
02-14-2012, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2012 02:52 PM by NYChaster.)
GoooO Charice~!! Chasters...let's help make this BIG~!! Rock Worship

110% Chaster to the core, and if you have any doubts about that then I suggest you get yourself checked out for brain damage. Tongue Haha Cool
02-14-2012, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2012 06:13 PM by mingsfan.)
(02-14-2012 02:49 PM)LishaLove Wrote:  ChaShane.. If it makes you feel better the video from PopCrush is from Nov 2011...

Actually, I think this is from the Oct 15, 2011 show (which was released as a sequel to the original "HitMan" DVD).

The emotional video is from Vancouver and was the last stop on Foster's (in Charice's words) "historical 10-city tour." At the time, she & Foster thought it was the last time they'd be performing together. That and the fact that she would no longer see friends she had made, like Ruben Studdard, led to the tears.

I saw the performance before this from the second row, in San Jose, CA. I also got to meet Cha after the show (meet 'n' greet). Definitely a night to remember!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
cha icon89 Letter Of Support For Charice: Marvin Winans, Pastor where Whitney Houston attended bbelj 6 3,254 03-31-2013 11:38 AM
Last Post: SideburnerSol
cha icon89 PEP:Charice pays tribute to Whitney Houston at Infinity concert 3/10/12 Angelia 2 1,531 03-14-2012 10:25 AM
Last Post: sw33tiegrl
  Hollywood Life: CHARICE Dedicates Song To Late Whitney Houston In New Dubai Concert SideburnerSol 3 2,207 03-10-2012 04:38 AM
Last Post: LantaoIslands
Cha icon61 ABS CBN Article: CHARICE says Houston one of her "heroes" [02/13/12] Lexie Forzane 2 1,271 02-14-2012 08:02 AM
Last Post: LantaoIslands
Cha icon8 Manila Bulletin: Fans want Charice to star in 'Bodyguard' remake - 3/22/11 ReyBB 0 1,016 03-22-2011 11:40 PM
Last Post: ReyBB
  Charice P. Live On Oprah Singing W. Houston’s “I Have Nothing” (Blog) - May 13, 2009 Carla 0 593 10-29-2009 10:51 PM
Last Post: Carla

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Current time: 07-10-2014, 07:14 AM